1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Student Surveys

Discussion in 'Heads of department' started by Minichanic, Feb 1, 2011.

1. I am currently in the process of auditing the department (as a new HoD) and I would like to conduct a student survey/questionnaire, to hear their veiws about learning in science etc, as I believe they would provide valuable information that I wouldn't get from lesson obs and learning walks.
    Have any of you conducted a student survey? If so how, and could I have a template?
    How did you present it to students to stop them whinging that they don't do enough practicals and being disrespectful about specific teachers?
    Thanks

2. ;-) ask them WHY they would prefer more practical?

3. noemie

noemie Occasional commenter

Can you pm your email, I'll send you what I've got. It's MFL, but hopefully you'll get a few ideas...

4. The easiest way to gain data like this is to use your VLE which allows you to quickly create a survey - all you do is senf the link to your students and once the data comes in you can produce some visual graphics to represent the results.