1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Student Project

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Nicoledannes, Feb 20, 2018.

?

Are you a primary teacher?

1. Yes- please answer above questions

50.0%
  2. No

50.0%
  1. Nicoledannes

Nicoledannes New commenter

Hello!

I’m a student at university, studying a foundation degree in children and young people and as part of my course I have to do a research project. My project is to understand the knowledge of mental health in primary school.
    I’d love it if some of you lovely primary teachers could answer a few of my questions.
    Everything you say will be anonymous and confidentially stored and deleted once my project is over.

Here are the questions; (please don’t use google. Answer truthfully!)

1. Please define what mental health means to you.

2. Can you name 5 signs of mental health problems in the children you care for.

3. What would you do if you saw signs of mental health problems in the children you care for.

4. Are you aware of any policies to report a child’s mental health? If yes. Please state a few.

5. Are you aware of any children in your class who are diagnosed with mental health?

6. As a practitioner, how do you promote emotional well-being

7. As a practitioner, how do you encourage children in your care to discuss their feelings

8. Is there a place for children within the school to go and discuss their feelings? If yes, what professional would they talk too?

9. Are you aware of any agencies involved with the school to support children with mental health problems? If yes, who are these agencies?

10. If you were able to change current legislation about teaching emotional health and promoting positive emotional health within schools, what would you change and why?

Please answer all questions truthfully and your answers will be anonymous in my result postings.

Your contribution is appreciated. :)

Nicole.

2. Stiltskin

Stiltskin Star commenter

Presuming you've got ethical approval to do this ;) How do you want teachers to answer these? And how do they know it is for a university research project?

Might I suggest you could give a university email address to reply to or link to a form on your university website.

3. Nicoledannes

Yeah, I had a meeting with the ethics board yesterday, it would be great if they could contact me either through email or through private message on here, my student email is 1185656@students.ncl-Coll.ac.uk

Sorry for any confusion :)

Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
  4. Nicoledannes