1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Student progress file/record of acheivement

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by vicky*, Dec 7, 2016.

1. vicky*

vicky* New commenter

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help. I want to create a student progress file for students to complete during form time throughout their time at the school.

Does anyone have a template or contents page of one that they use?

Cheers :)

2. Robfreeman

Robfreeman Occasional commenter

What form of progress are you looking at?

3. MissSidney

MissSidney New commenter

I'd suggest that there are going to be some elements that you should definitely include that would be relevant across all years, for example:
    - certificates of achievement
    - reports
    - any awards that have been given
    - letters that have been sent home to praise
    - a list of extra-curricular clubs / events that have been attended
    - any charitable work that's been completed
    - a list of trips and visits that the student has been on

4. vicky*

vicky* New commenter

Thank you, thats just the kind of stuff I was thinking of. I just didn't know how other people structure it? Loose leaf files to just add stuff to or printed pages to fill in and whether there is any format i could buy into (or copy!)

5. Skeoch

Skeoch Lead commenter

Digging in my memory - wasn't there a government-approved or government-enforced record of achievement? In the 1990s?

6. catbanj

catbanj Occasional commenter

Yes. The kids reports were printed on posh faux parchment paper, they had to write a personal statement and there were lots of blank plastic pockets for certificates and awards.

7. wanet

wanet Star commenter

I always referred to them as wine lists.

8. strawbs

strawbs Established commenter

think I've still got some of those burgundy "national record of achievement" folders somewhere........