1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Student Placement

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by webbygeek91, Feb 9, 2011.

1. I am currently studying at Staffordshire University, so the placement would be done through them. Of course you have trainee teachers- I have highly respect them- teaching must be an incredibly difficult and challenging job sometimes. I'm just offering my knowledge in IT and Web stuff for a year- who knows, I could make a difference. :)

2. Had 8 schools that are interested so far, so looking encouraging!

3. Good luck, I hope you do make a difference and bring your passion to help pupils!

4. Thanks very much. :) I hope so too!

5. gavcradd

gavcradd New commenter

I did my Computer Science degree at Staffs Uni - the Octagon was a brilliant resource then, not sure if other unis have caught up in the mean time. Anyway, back on topic, sorry we couldn't afford to pay anyone to do what you're suggesting although it does sound like a good idea. If you want a topic though for your Final Year Project (tip - get yourself a supervisor you trust now!), get back in touch, I've got loads of ideas for things I've just got no time to do.

6. DEmsley

DEmsley New commenter

We're interviewing on Thursday. We did advertise in the appropriate locations, online, local Unis. Didn't send anything as far as Staffs I don't think.

Have you searched school websites/TES/LA vacancies?

HTH