1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Student loan deduction

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by richfruitcake, Mar 13, 2011.

1. richfruitcake

richfruitcake New commenter

At last I have been lucky enough to get four days work in one week at the same school. The trouble is I have now had £10 deducted from my salary for student loan. I will not earn any where near £15,000 this year so how do I go about reclaiming this? Is the student loan year April to April like the tax year or is it January to December?

2. richfruitcake

richfruitcake New commenter

At last I have been lucky enough to get four days work in one week at the same school. The trouble is I have now had £10 deducted from my salary for student loan. I will not earn any where near £15,000 this year so how do I go about reclaiming this? Is the student loan year April to April like the tax year or is it January to December?

3. bigpig

bigpig New commenter

They only take it out when your weekly/monthly wage (if you got that every week/month) would be £15,000+. So if you do less some weeks that they won't take it off. I don't think we can get it back though.

4. Richfruitcake, they shouldn't be taking the loan money back, they'll be taking it in April. Plus, you don't have to pay if your salary is below £15,000 a year. I'd advise you to get that £10 checked.
    Rahmara.