1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Student for INTERVIEW HELP!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by aw99, Dec 31, 2010.

1. aw99

aw99 New commenter

Hi !
    I've applied to uni to do an M.A. degree and four B.Ed Degree's in Primary Education. I have had extend work experience in a classroom environment and quite an impressive C.V. As part of the selection process I must be interviewed, both in a group setting and individually. I would be more than grateful of some 'words of wisdom' from all you talented teachers out there of how I can get on to a course and fulfil my ambition of being a primary school teacher.

I am male, and the universities I have applied to are all in Scotland.

Happy New Year when it comes !
    A

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Just sell yourself as best you can.
    Teaching is a lot about personality and teachers can be successful with many varying techniques-no such thing as 'right or wrong' as our students also come in varying personalities. Where one teacher may not get thro' to a child one year another teacher the next just may, so as much variety as possible needed.
    As you're applying to Scottish Unis it might ne an idea to post on the Scottish forum?

3. aw99

aw99 New commenter

Hi there ! Im new to this and I have just found the Scottish one ! Thank you for your help! Happy new year when it comes :)