1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Student finance england contact details?

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by amcgovern3, Feb 20, 2009.

1. Hi Guys,

Maybe I am being really stupid but I cannot get in contact with Student finance england and was wondering if anyone could help. I have quite a complex residency query so really wanted to speak to someone before i apply to ensure my appliceation is not delayed but when I call the phone number you cannot seem to speak to anyone unless you have applied already or have an art id neither of which apply to me. When you go to the option for those still to apply there is no option to talk to anyone they just give out an email address ssd_p.u_enquiries@slc.co.uk, but unfortunatley all my emails bounce back from here. Any suggestions?

Avril

2. Hi Avril
    I know exactly what you are talking about. I've tried registering on the website but it keeps telling me that I already have an Art ID (if i did it is well forgotten as I graduated in 99) and to call their published number to speak to an advisor. It doesn't matter which option you press as you never get through to a person at the other end which leads me to think that there are none!! Anyway, after listening to the email address a number of times, as the man is not very clear (another tactic to stop us contacting them?), I think it is:
    sfd_p.u_enquiries@slc.co.uk
    I've just sent an email to the above address and it hasn't been returned yet so fingers crossed. However, if you do manage to find an option which allows you to talk to a real person then please let me know!
    Bagpuss

3. I managed to get through to someone when I called, I haven't got a clue what options I pressed though!! All I know is it is possible. I was trying to get through to someone to find out my art id. I think I pressed that I had a query with a current application or something. It doesnt matter as long as you get through ay! Good luck!

4. Hi,
    I have had lots of frustrations contacting them too. The trick is to ignore all the options when you phone up, hold the line and you'll be connected to a real human being!!
    You'll probably hear a recorded message saying they're busy and if you give your details they'll ring you back without losing your place in the queue - I continued to hold this morning and got connected to someone straight away. There wasn't actually a queue.!

Good luck!

5. Thanks for the tip about ignoring all the options. I tried it this morning and got staright through which was a huge relief. As if getting a place on a PGCE isn't hard enough you then have to negotiate your way through the miriad of funding choices and forms!!

6. Hi guys, I'm also having a nightmare time getting through! I tried to ignore the options but they kept repeating them!
    When I tried to register, it claims that I'm already on the system but I don't have an ART ID/password 'cos I was an undergrad student between '99 and '02!
    Also, the PN1 forms that can be downloaded haven't been updated for 2009/10 - only 2008/09.
    I sent an email to sfd_p.u_enquiries@slc.co.uk on Monday but got nothing back so far - not even an automated acknowledgement!
    Do you think I should sent a letter to them?
    Thanks,
    Lutz.

7. Thanks a lot Alec.

By the way, I like your 'To Sir With Love' profile pic!

Cheers,
    Lutz :)

8. Hello Avril.

How did you get in contact with student finance england in the end?

Matt

9. Lutfur
    regarding the phone line, the options do get repeated several times. Just continue to ignore them and you will get through to someone.

10. I am having the same problem at the minute... I am a married mother or 2 children aged 2 and 7 months. having logged onto the SFE website I have been able to access my account and see that they have supposedly sent me letters over the past 2 weeks... i have not received these. The maintenance part of my grant seems to be very very small.... I am getting nearly 1/2 of what a friend is getting and she is in a better financial situation. I have been trying to get in contact with SFE for weeks but with no success.... can anyone offer any advise?