1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Student bullying teachers

Discussion in 'Behaviour' started by drochester, Jan 24, 2012.

1. drochester

drochester New commenter

Hi, can anyone give me some advice? I am being constantly intimidated by a Year 11 boy. He does it now when there's only him & I around because I've told the school that I don't want him near me, talking to me or touching me; he has pushed himself up against me (chest to chest) & slammed his shoulder into me. Unfortunately he hasn't stopped & I find it very threatening (he also adopts these tactics with other members of staff). Needless to say he has an atrocious reputation!

Is there anything I can do or do I simply have to let it continue; the school has proved to be useless in stopping it?

Thank you

2. drochester

drochester New commenter

Hi, can anyone give me some advice? I am being constantly intimidated by a Year 11 boy. He does it now when there's only him & I around because I've told the school that I don't want him near me, talking to me or touching me; he has pushed himself up against me (chest to chest) & slammed his shoulder into me. Unfortunately he hasn't stopped & I find it very threatening (he also adopts these tactics with other members of staff). Needless to say he has an atrocious reputation!

Is there anything I can do or do I simply have to let it continue; the school has proved to be useless in stopping it?

Thank you

3. Ms Chipping

Ms Chipping New commenter

Can you give a bit more information. What is the school's behaviour management policy? detention, sanctions, warnings etc. What stage is this boy at in the sanctions ladder? You do not say whether you are a male or female teacher, Could this be described as sexual harrassment or threatening behaviour? Do you confront him when he approaches you. Do you apply sanctions immediately?