1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Student books Gcse Englilsh WJEC

Discussion in 'English' started by Vivmillion, May 25, 2016.

1. Vivmillion

Vivmillion New commenter

Hi
    We are just about to spend money on sets of student books and various other resources for English lit and lang GCSE, WJEC.
    Been browsing the web and there seems to be a lot of choice but not many reviews.
    Is anyone already using anything and what would people recommend?
    I really don't want to and up with a lot of books we don't like!
    o_O

2. MissHallEnglish

MissHallEnglish Occasional commenter Forum guide and community helper

I personally have copies of the WJEC English Language Book 1 and 2: book 1 is skills based; book 2 is more assessment based(they have pictures of extreme sports on the front covers).
    We bought the online versions - 'kerboodle' I think it's called, but the license has to be renewed each year so we're going with text books for text year.

I also have the Literature text book and the Literature Student Book - I find these most helpful.

The language books are useful for resources and we've used a couple of the sample papers for mock exams.

3. bob79

bob79 Occasional commenter

There are teacher versions which whilst pricey, may offer better VFM regarding the generation of shared dept resources. I have the poetry book and whilst great, it is just a revision aid really.

4. Vivmillion

Vivmillion New commenter

Thanks for that. Not sure what we're going to do as we may end up changing to AQA! Probably continue with downloading stuff for another year.....