1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Student Bank Account

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by karrott, Mar 2, 2011.

1. Went to LlyodTSB to talk about student bank accounts and they weren't very helpful. Can anyone recommend any banks I could look at.

Thanks
    Karen

2. Went to LlyodTSB to talk about student bank accounts and they weren't very helpful. Can anyone recommend any banks I could look at.

Thanks
    Karen

3. Wait until just before September and the banks will offer incentives. As an undergrad I got a student rialcard for 3 years free, some of my mates got a kettle and toaster...........

4. i could ebay a kettle and pay it towards my fees [​IMG] a railcard woud be more helpful though.

5. josiejosie

josiejosie New commenter

the Co-operative offer the biggest overdraft facility on their student acct apparently.
    plus you can have a clear conscience as they have good ethical values and your money doesn't pay for arms and ammo

6. Is this for PGCE courses? I haven't looked into it yet, but I couldn't get a student account for my MA course, and have been wondering if I can for a PGCE? I've been hoping so as we can get loans etc.

Overdraft would be really usefull!

7. I agree, the CO-OP is probably the best. I used HSBC when i was a student, and I feel that was a mistake!