School have refused me representation at my end of informal incapability meeting as it is not in their policy at the informal stage. This meeting will be the one where I am told what their decision is. I am fairly certain it will be to go to formal capability. The meeting is the last day of term. When I return after the holidays I will be on formal capability, but of course I will not have the opportunity to see a union representative in the mean time. Advice from regional office is to contact them as soon as the meeting is over and they will contact the school and for me not to return after the holidays so that formal proceedings cannot start, i.e. go off sick. until they have sorted something out. I have never had a day of sick in my working life and this would not be genuine, besides I am concerned about my exam classes. I want to hand my resignation in but union say no, wait, see what can be negotiated. I am not overly bothered for a financial settlement unless they want me out before the end of the school year, I just want an acceptable reference. I will not return to teaching except possibly supply for which I have a good reputation with an agency anyway. What am I to do? Despite pretending I am not overly bothered by all this the immediate stress is getting to me and I just want it all over so I can move on.