1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Stuck for ideas - where can I take secondary school kids on a trip to do with human rights/diversity/equality and/or South Africa?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by GobbyLittleMare, May 24, 2011.

1. I'm really stuck for ideas. I'm thinking of some kind of human rights or diversity conference, or maybe an art exhibition or something. The idea is to take 10-20 G&Ts on something enriching on a theme (however loosely related) of South Africa.

Any ideas SOOOO gratefully received!

2. doomzebra

doomzebra Occasional commenter

3. Thats the same place DZ

4. where are you based?

5. blazer

blazer Star commenter

There is a trip forum on here but what about contacting the South African Embassy (its on Trafalgar square), they may allow you to visit or could suggest cultural stuff related to them.

6. doomzebra

Posted at pretty much exactly the same time as you.

7. doomzebra

High Commission
    South Africa House
    Trafalgar Square, City of London WC2N 5DP
    020 7451 7299

8. henriette

henriette New commenter

There's a good museum next to the station in Bristol that has Slavery downstairs and some good interactive stuff on the upper floors, but I cannot remember what it is called!!

9. Thank you everybod. I hadn't spotted the trip forum - that would have been good wouldn't it? Duh.
    I'm London-area, so South is always good. Bristol is managable...