1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

STTP - anyone been invited to the selection event on Monday 7th?

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by tasha1988, Mar 1, 2011.

1. Hi All,
    Was just wondering if anyone had been invited to the selection event for STTP on 7th March?
    I have written a one minute presentation but I am struggling to learn it off by heart...is anyone else trying to learn theirs or are you planning on reading it? (does anyone know if we are allowed to just read it?!)

All help appreciated!
    Natasha

2. Hi All,
    Was just wondering if anyone had been invited to the selection event for STTP on 7th March?
    I have written a one minute presentation but I am struggling to learn it off by heart...is anyone else trying to learn theirs or are you planning on reading it? (does anyone know if we are allowed to just read it?!)

All help appreciated!
    Natasha

3. wkclark

wkclark New commenter

Hi Natasha,
    I've also been invited to the event, but I'm now doing it on Thursday instead...
    From what I've gathered, the whole point of the one minute presentation has little to do with the content, but more to do with your 'presence' and how well you can relay info to an audience. So if I were you, I'd avoid reading it, as that is likely to detract from your eye contact, body language etc...
    Instead of learning it off by heart, just learn the main bullet points that you want to cover (obvs not many as it's only one minute!). This will make it a bit more like what you would actually present to a class...
    Good luck!

4. Hi Natasha,
    I have been invited so i will also be there.
    I have written my presentation out in key points on a cue card but i am trying to learn it off by heart...it's starting to drive me mad!
    I called them yesterday to ask if we were permitted to take in a cue card with us and they said it is highly discouraged...... so i would try to learn it by heart if you can.
    Are you going for primary or secondary?
    Do you know how many placed STTP have for this year?
    Best wishes,
    Faye.

5. Hi.
    I have learnt it off by heart now, so fingers crossed it will all go ok.
    Good luck to both of you.
    I am applying for Primary, how about you Faye?
    I don't know how many places there are for this year.
    Does anyone know if the funding issues have been resolved yet and if any funding has been confirmed?
    Natasha

6. wkclark

wkclark New commenter

How was it??? The nerves for Thursday are starting to set in just a bit... I'm just trying to stay calm to remember all my stuff! Any words of wisdom or tips?
    Good luck!

7. Hiya, I had my presentation on Monday! dont stress its really friendly!! and I got an Interview for next week they called me yesterday.... so they tell you fairly quickly so no stressing for days later!!! :)

Good Luck hope all goes well
    xx

8. I know it's easy for me to say now i've done it but it's not as bad as you think!!
    Everyone is really friendly and the staff try hard to make you feel at ease.
    Most of our group took up prompts for the talk so i used mine in the end but didn't need to use it too often as i had rehersed it so much!
    Just remember to stand up straight, smile, speak up, seem as confident as you can and you'll be fine!
    The tests are really straight forward as well - not half as bad as i had imagined!!
    Good luck!