1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

STS, Chateau du Baffy and Normandy risk assessments

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by jools30, Feb 10, 2010.

1. jools30

jools30 New commenter

We are travelling to Chateau du Baffy with STS in March and I was wondering if anyone else had been there and what your thoughts were. I was also wondering if anyone had done any risk assessments that I could borrow / steal for visits to Normandy including visits to Honfleur, Bayeux, Arromanches etc Any help gratefully received.
    Thanks

2. smoothnewt

smoothnewt Lead commenter

Baffy is extremely safe - Roland who runs it runs a tight ship and I have been impressed on all our visits. Just make sure you don't let kids go looking for lost footballs in the fast-flowing river that runs along the bottom of the grounds.
    The safety of the visits you mention depends on what kind of a leash you will be keeping the kids on. I've done them for years and have had no problems. I'd rate everything as low risk in the normal run of things.

3. jools30

jools30 New commenter

Thanks for that, I don't suppose I could be really cheeky and ask for an example of one of your risk assessments could I?! My email is julie@blitzoid.com
    Thanks

4. Cestrian

Cestrian New commenter

We didn't use the same accommodation as you are going to, but I've emailed you a copy of a Normandy Assessment.
    Cestrian

5. hola33

hola33 New commenter

Hi, I'm in the process of organising a trip here. Does anyone have any itineraires that have worked well that they wouldn't mind sharing?

Many Thanks

Dean

6. Ok, the original post may be years old, but I am planning this trip. Any risk assessments would be a great help
    gcse_french@hotmail.co.uk

7. jools30

jools30 New commenter

Hi, mine is a couple of years old now, I haven't been able to do the trip since but I will send you what I did.