1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

struggling with planning and everything!

Discussion in 'English' started by lizfee, Sep 13, 2011.

1. Hi all,
    Is anybody else struggling to get back into the swing of planning? I spent hours preparing lessons last night and ended up with a load of bits and pieces but nothing solid!My year 11 lesson was rubbish today then..grrr. trying to work on aqa language unit 1..has anyone had any great lessons with it? I feel stuck in the old spec paper 1 style..Feeling so jaded and frustrated this evening..would love some cheery news/ideas!

2. sleepyhead

sleepyhead New commenter

Lang unit 1 is just the same as new ENG1 without the choice in section B, and with more texts. I'm doing Bill Bryson tomorrow with my year 10s with a focus on lang for that very paper - it's from the Nissan Micra paper.

3. gruoch

gruoch Occasional commenter

I love that. I use it all the time.

4. Thanks for that.I do love the micra paper. We are doing iGCSE with year 1. I'm just feeling a little overwhlemed this week. This time next week I'll be back into the swing of things.(I hope);)

5. sleepyhead

sleepyhead New commenter

I think I have a rather unhealthy obsession with exam papers... I love them too much (especially the Big Heat which earned a place in my heart because I had used that very leaflet in class with my students. Results were VERY good that year!)

6. Ugh and I hated big heat..that's funny!