1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Struggling with BTEC L2 NQF - particularly UNIT 2

Discussion in 'Music' started by i the t, Aug 25, 2015.

1. i the t

i the t New commenter

Last year I started teaching the NQF after successfully doing the old qual for a few years.

It was my first year at a new school and I've admittedly been really struggling with the class and getting the work out of them.

We've been through Unit 2 and Unit 7 but the work they've produced is all over the place, folders are a mes and I'm really struggling to pull it all together.

For unit 2 there seems to be so many different pieces of evidence and paperwork needing doing for each piece of coursework that I can't get my head round it.

Students each need to produce a log book, various promotional material, CD product, meeting notes, market research, evaluation, submission form etc..

For each student (I have 38 ) I then need to complete an observation sheet, interim feedback sheet, summative assessment sheet and then mark each element of their work (poster, press release, CD, CD cover, web advert, log book etc).

Has anyone got a nice streamlined way of dealing with Unit 2 that they wouldn't mind explaining please as I'm feeling EXTREMELY anxious about it all..

Thanks in advance.