1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Struggling to get a nqt post

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by samk123, Nov 25, 2011.

1. samk123

samk123 New commenter

Hey, one of the feedback said that it's due to the Pgce. I can't do anything to change it but what to do about is the issue. Thanks for your reply. X

2. msmuse

msmuse New commenter

Gosh that was a muddled post! Anyway just to add my experience and advice for what it's worth...
    I did the exact same PGCE as you and was never told that I would struggle to find a post in either primary or secondary (but it was 5 years ago). I was lucky enough to get a primary post in a middle school, and be offered a secondary one in my secondary placement the same day. Keep trying at it because you are very employable! Maybe you live in a particularly difficult area for teacher recruitment?
    As advised before check out Theogriff's advice on the Jobseekers forum to make sure that your application and interview techniques are good.
    Are there middle schools in your area? They would be particularly interested in your PGCE experience. Good luck.

3. samk123

samk123 New commenter

Thanks for the reassurance. It seems luck was on your side. Will perservere to get a job.

4. the hippo

the hippo Lead commenter Community helper

I have sent you a PM.

5. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

I thought it would have opened up doors to be honest. Students on a 11-16 PGCE actually get very little teaching experience of KS4 as schools are terrified about the results so its not a huge loss for you. Just make sure you play on your KS4 experience since your PGCE and I'm sure you'll be fine. Unfortunately there re so many applicants for each job at the moment they can be as picky as they like [​IMG] x