1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Struggling to cope with line manager

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by FollyFairy, Jul 4, 2011.

1. FollyFairy

FollyFairy Occasional commenter

Are you brave enough to confront her, even in a gentle way? if not, Log everything - keep paper copies of emails (from and to her), keep notes of meetings and things she says... perhaps talk to HER line manager? Union rep?

This sounds like bullying and I am sure a19pb could help here if he is around... (have you read the story of Billy et al in Opinion?)

2. Writing everything down is great advice. I'd also say you should constantly be asking her to reference what she's saying to your job description / the lesson grading criteria, as that often makes them drop it if they're just being too personal.

3. blt

blt New commenter

Thanks for your advise everyone, I'm going to start logging everything that she says etc and build up a bit of a record. That way if I do need to take this further at a later point, I have some evidence. It's just so demoralising,