1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Struggling full time

Discussion in 'Part-time and job share' started by llissalla, Apr 19, 2016.

1. llissalla

llissalla New commenter

Hello,

I have been back from maternity leave for a term now and I am really struggling to balance a life work balance. I am looking at requesting to reduce my hours, as I cannot go on like this and even considering leaving the profession (which makes me even more stressed as I do enjoy my job!) The school is currently going through redundancies in other departments and wondered how this would affect my request. Another member of the department has also just put there notice in so now we are a staff member down and feel this may be a reason for them to reject my request. Has anyone else been through this?

Thanks

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

I am very sorry to hear that it has been hard for you. Just when you want to enjoy the new family member too!

On the contrary!

When they advertise, they can say that there is both a FT and a PT post available in the department, which should be attractive to people looking for either, and does not cost them anything - they are not having to pay for an advert just for your job partner.

Read this

Letter: asking for part-time working

Best wishes to you and the baby

3. llissalla

llissalla New commenter

Thank you for the reply! Will write the letter and see what happens.

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

I hope that it all comes out as you hope.

Best wishes