1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Structure of your input sessions.

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by littlemissstressed, Jan 24, 2011.

1. When you do your inputs what is your structure like? eg 5 min full class, 15 mins group? Need some suggestions as beginning to question my practice?
    Thanks

2. When you do your inputs what is your structure like? eg 5 min full class, 15 mins group? Need some suggestions as beginning to question my practice?
    Thanks

3. I usually have a little whole class input, 5-10 mins to get a message across or spark an idea, then the children go to the areas. I sometimes keep a group for a group activity, and other times, join them in the areas, or invite them back to take part in my activity. I don't always have an input, it depends what the session is. It's important sometimes to continue with what they were doing before lunch for example, so we go straight back to it if that's the best way for learning to develop. Every class is different, so experiment to find what works best for yours. What works one day might not the next though! Good luck