1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Striking and maternity

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by peapod43, Sep 10, 2012.

1. Well I have just had the email from NASUWT regarding strikes on 28th sept by which point I will be on maternity leave. How does this work, with me not actually being in work ? Don't think I can actually afford any more money to be deducted from my pay at this time!

2. Well I have just had the email from NASUWT regarding strikes on 28th sept by which point I will be on maternity leave. How does this work, with me not actually being in work ? Don't think I can actually afford any more money to be deducted from my pay at this time!

3. Hi Peapod, I have also received an email from NASUWT regarding action short of strike action on 28th September. Are you sure that your email states an actual strike?

4. On the NASWUT website it talks of action short of strike action on the week beginning 26th September so it shouldn't have any impact on maternity pay