1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Strike Action

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by onthewayhome, Jun 28, 2011.

1. The vast majority of schools in the area where I work are to be closed due to strike action on Thursday - except mine. In fact, I am the only teacher who is to take strike action in my school.
    So..... are you striking on Thursday?

2. marymoocow

marymoocow Star commenter

Go girl! I nearly chickened out because I thought I was going to be the only one but decided to strike and be brave on my own. As a result the other teachers who can are also going out, turned out they were worried about being the only one. All of our many TAs, caretaker etc are in unison so we are closing.

3. We are closing because all the teaching staff in the school are in the NUT. However I wish there was another way around it such as not returning our EYFS levels to county or not marking and returning SAT results. Most of our parents seem ok with this but it is not hurting the government enough where as a work to rule may cause more problems for the,.