1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Strictly Come Dancing 2010

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Eva_Smith, Sep 12, 2010.

1. Eva_Smith

Eva_Smith Established commenter

Nice to see the pairings happen live last night.

But one question: where are Darren and Lylia?

Lots of male eye-candy though, let's just hope they can dance!

2. Darren is back doing the group dances, as is Ian. Lilia and Matthew were also asked back, but said no. None of them were going to get a celeb partner though :-(

3. as for the new men, one of them looks young enough to be at school !!

4. Hmmm!!! Why does Anton keep getting the old ladies? Ann Widdecombe can barely climb stairs.
    I really liked Ian Waite and Matthew Cutler so I'm annoyed they have been replaced.

5. I think he's quite good natured and enjoys popularity with 'ladies of a certain age'! He's not as young or sexy as some of the others so he probably knows he's not going to get the young, sexy partners.
    Also, I suspect he's less of a prima donna - can you imagine Brendon's reaction if he had been partnered with Anne?!

6. As soon as I heard Widdie was on the show I knew she'd be with Anton - it's an obvious comedy pairing. On her own she's too abrasive and bossy to be the comic turn that SCD evidently want her to be, but Anton will keep the comedy going. I'll really miss Lilia. Bags more personality than some of the newer ones.

7. I wish Widdy would invest in a good bra.

8. The young do not have the monopoly on being "sexy"
    How old are YOU gargoyle?

9. Seems so long since they did the meet your partner programme, I've forgotten who the partners are.
    Roll on Friday...

10. From what I understand, the dancers didnt get axed or ousted, they chose to leave because of changes in format that they didn't agree with. But BBC didnt want to lose them completely so offered for them to come back and be part of the showdancers for the showoff bit.
    x

11. Eva_Smith

That's not what I've read. An article I found interviewed Lilia and she said that she was completely shocked to be told she wouldn't be needed in her usual capacity and that she was given 2 weeks to decide if she wanted to be involved in the show as just an occasional performer. She declined but Darren agreed.

On to this week, I've only just heard about Brendan. What a shame he can't perform, but lovely to see the amazing Ian partnering Michelle. Poor Brendan is attending his father funeral - bless him.
    I think the judges are far too harsh on Jimi Mistry. I liked his Charleston, and liked his Rhumba last week too.

12. Me too, I thought it was great fun!
    It will be interesting to see if he can improve her performance. She seems to have so much potential, but never quite lives up to it.
    I feel the same about Felicity - she seems so buttoned up all the time, she needs to relax and begin to enjoy it a bit more.

13. Eva_Smith

James Jordan......crush!

14. henriette

henriette New commenter

Result available here

15. inky

inky Lead commenter

Scott, Matt and Kara.

16. inky

inky Lead commenter

I wrote those names down before I forgot them. Easily the best dancers

17. I'd have to add Pamela to that list.

18. I like Scott, Matt, Kara and Pamela.
    I really think Peter Shilton deserved to go.
    Has Felicity lost the ability to move her facial muscles?
    Gavin loves himself , but is really fit, just doesn't show any emotion.
    Tina is OK.
    Why isn't this on Personal?

19. Eva_Smith

Last year, I started a thread about SCD on personal and it was moved to Entertainment. Annoying, though, that the X Factor and Big Brother threads remain on personal.