1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Strictly 2019

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Over_the_hill, Sep 14, 2019.

1. Over_the_hill

Over_the_hill Star commenter

I have a feeling that the winner will be fixed. The Beeb will make Emma and Anton win so he can retire having won, and there will be an hour long special programme about his time on Strictly.

2. lardylady

lardylady Star commenter

I wish my school would fix it for me to retire at 53. I'd only have 2 terms left!

3. Over_the_hill

I’m not far behind you!

lardylady likes this.
  4. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

Emma just seems to have one fixed expression on her face - considering she is an actress and all that ? I find her very annoying. Liked Kelvin's Paso as it was less of the predictable but had all of the menace. I watch Karim and Amy and think yeah he has the moves but ' so what ? '.....interesting to observe the reactions of the professional dancers after the performances ..., some look as if they are going through the motions ... which of course they are ?! I wish the judges would refrain from standing up. Tess needs to be ' shocked ' every time she deploys the phrase / variations of ' little, look and face' ....

5. Aquamarina1234

Aquamarina1234 Star commenter

I suspect you're right. I won't be a bit impressed. I hope Kelvin plays a blinder.

6. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

Scandalous if fixed !!
    Enjoy reading the Strictly BTL thread in the Guardian. I think the producers of the show should take note of some of the comments / observations/ advice

7. phatsals

phatsals Established commenter

I'm puzzled by the suggestion of how a winner could be fixed. How exactly would that be achieved?

Dragonlady30 likes this.
  8. Aquamarina1234

They'd just vote as directed?
    £200K for 3 months' work? Do as you're told!

9. Dragonlady30

Dragonlady30 Star commenter

o_O The final is a public vote, no judges.

10. phatsals

Who would vote as directed?

11. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

Its possible to fix it so that someone they want is in the final and then try to manipulate the hype to persuade the public to vote for their nominated favourite. It’s certainly happened this year with Chris and Karen and Alex and Neil. Chris has been set up to leave in the semi. Obvious Chris wouldn’t hold up against Karim.

ilovesooty likes this.
  12. phatsals

Give over, it's not that important.

Dragonlady30 likes this.
  13. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

Not in the grand scheme of things, but presumably important to those taking part.

14. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

I bet you any money you like it's a fix.

Just listen to Alma Cogan describe how they eliminate the contestants.

15. Dragonlady30

Dragonlady30 Star commenter

…..and then they all wake up! :rolleyes:

16. Over_the_hill

If it’s a public vote no-one will ever know the truth!

17. Aquamarina1234

Aha. I thought it was the other way round. Thought the judges errr... judged the final.
    But the producers could just lie about the public vote.

18. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

The conspiracy theories abound.LOL
    I suspect Anton will go out in the first part of the final and then a straight fight between the other two,

smoothnewt likes this.
  19. smoothnewt

smoothnewt Star commenter

Actually, one of the producers as a child used to be a regular in our house as we were good friends with their parents - but since we moved quite a few years ago we’ve lost that close connection and haven’t seen them socially in ages.

I’m sure there is so much behind the scenes gossip I could glean if I invited our old friends around for a mince pie or two. I’m tempted. It would be nice to see them after so long. When all the kids were small we used to go to the crib service at church together at Christmas, followed by tea at our house. It was one of those lovely traditions that died out once our kids got too old for it.

20. LondonCanary

LondonCanary Star commenter

Funny how the person who loses the dance off is always the same one as predicted by a website on Saturday night. It must influence the judges' decision.