1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Strictly 2019

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Over_the_hill, Sep 14, 2019.

1. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

Anton and Emma have done predominantly ballroom dances. He hasn’t had to stretch himself by devising a couples choice. The Charleston has another choreographer, so I bet that dance was not a lot to do with him.

As it was Neil’s first year with a partner, getting to this stage has been good, I think. Better than many others like Luba and Nadya and better than Johannes, who I think is a great dancer.

Anton seems to have no joy in his partner’s progress. I’d really prefer he didn’t get to the final, but it seems inevitable now, unless he and Emma really mess up next week and Chris plays a blinder. I think Chris has had the dances that suit him best unfortunately.

2. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

But he scored well the previous week and ended up in the dance-off. taht told him taht he wasn't getting enough votes from the public. He will have been expecting a low public vote again, which might still have made him vulnerable now that there are so few contestants left.

3. Over_the_hill

Over_the_hill Star commenter

I wonder if Shoutsi will feel awkward if she has to pick to save Kevin or Karim in the final.

4. Sundaytrekker

Sundaytrekker Star commenter

Totally agree.

I thought the best couple were saved but it was close. Perhaps let Anton into the final then retire him.

5. LondonCanary

LondonCanary Star commenter

Had he came bottom in the public vote his score would been 6. He'd need an uklikley public vote distribution to be in the DO.

6. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

How is the dancing schedule decided ? Anton is clearly outskilled by some of the celeb males now - more than a tad embarrassing ....

smoothnewt and (deleted member) like this.
  7. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

I think that Shirley chose to save Chris, much as I like him, because Alex and Neil might have knocked out Emma and Anton next week in a dance off.

Shirley is really keen for Anton to be in the final. I’m really keen for him not to be.

Aquamarina1234 likes this.
  8. Spiritwalkerness

Spiritwalkerness Star commenter

I would have been rather suspect, if Shirley had chosen to save Alex based on her comments of their original dance.

9. Dragonlady30

Dragonlady30 Star commenter

I LOVE Strictly and always have. Years ago I decided not to invest too much emotional energy in it because I was getting all confused and twisted knickers when my chosen one wasn't being adored by everyone who could breathe.

I gave myself a strict talking to, to just go with the flow. After all, why should I know what was really good and what Isn't? I was a secondary English teacher. I couldn't do their job any more than they could do mine. Believe me, it's so much easier and stress-free. As long as the right couples make the final, it doesn't really matter what order the rest leave.

Long live Strictly and may tempers remain calm. :)

10. phatsals

phatsals Established commenter

I don't think Shoutie would feel awkward about anything. She'll just shout her way through it and move on... god willing, via the exit and away into the middle distance.

11. Dragonlady30

o_O who shoutie?o_O

12. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Star commenter

The final is entirely on the public vote so she won't have that dilemma. Hopefully that also means that Anton won't win the whole thing.

13. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Star commenter

Motsi.

14. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Agree.

ilovesooty likes this.
  15. Dragonlady30

Thank you. :D

guinnesspuss and ilovesooty like this.
  16. vannie

vannie Star commenter

Apologies, @LondonCanary, for offending your delicate sensibilities. How very, very, woke you are.

17. LondonCanary

Just not keen on everyday misogyny

18. vannie

vannie Star commenter

Why is it misogyny? I forgot her name. Emma. She’s Emma. Ok.

19. LondonCanary

OK. Originally it came across a bit Ofanton

vannie likes this.
  20. Over_the_hill

Over_the_hill Star commenter

Anyone watching? x