1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Stretch Marks

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by Mrs Music, Dec 19, 2011.

1. Mrs Music

Mrs Music New commenter

I got quite a few stretch marks as a teenager and lathered on the bio oil throughout my pregnancy. I thought I'd got away with them until they appeared a week before my due date...sorry. Saying that they don't really bother me now! (Sounds cliche but really, I just have to look at my gorgeous daughter :) )

2. Thank you both! I've bought the oil so will start oiling up daily now! I know they're not the end of the world and they will be inevitable in the end but if I can delay a full scale outbreak then all the better! [​IMG]

3. I don't think your laziness is to blame! I've never had them before, and dutifully applied special stretch mark creams since 12 weeks and thought I'd escaped them, but at 28 ish weeks they appeared en masse, now my whole belly is a huge spiders web of them, as well as upper thighs, inner thighs, and I always know when more are about to appear as I get terrible itching. Sorry to bring bad news, but I've just accepted it now, just keep on moisturising and tell myself it'll be worth it for a baby. x

4. You aren't paying the price for laziness- some people get them, some don't. i don't believe you could have avoided them. I was feeling fairly smug until around 30 weeks when mine erupted and were spectacular. Don't worry about it, it just happens and they'll fade in time.

5. I also have always believed that I am 'prone' to them and tbh tummy awful since teens (I had a slightly fat phase around 14). As it is already awful I have always been lazy and in 2 pregnancies no new ones have arrived until 36 weeks. I am still preg this time but first time round they really werent that bad in comparison to what was already there..... but then it already looked like I'd had 2 kids so maybe I have low standards ;)