1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Stress Risk Assessment, more stessful

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by delmamerchant, May 19, 2016.

1. delmamerchant

delmamerchant Established commenter

Hi Here I go again, need your advice again.

I have been absent from my job since Dec 15 due to circumstances at work that led to be being signed off with work related stress.

One of the suggestions from OH was that I had a Stress Risk Assessment prior to my return to work. It did not happen. So I returned to work, to show willing, completed a Stress Risk Assessment. The head has thrown it all out, totally reworded everything, taken points out, things that I feel are stressful for me and marginalised my feelings, by stating that the risk is low when for me it is high. Can she do this?

I am so upset. It was hard enough returning to work but to see that the situation is still the same is heartbreaking and it feels as if there is nothing that I can do about it.

2. thethiefoftime

thethiefoftime Occasional commenter

Are you with a union? My first piece of advice would be to contact your union for advice because you will be able to give them more details than you can on here.

For emotional support, try out the Teacher Support Network

Hope you get things sorted

pepper5 likes this.
  3. delmamerchant

delmamerchant Established commenter

Thank you

Unfortunately on this occasion, my union wanted me to agree to the content. I just could not as it did not represent my feelings, so I am going it alone now.

Thank you for your response. Yes, I will try the Teacher Suppor Network.