1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

stress is makng my hair fall out and i am really scared

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by learningyoghurt, Sep 11, 2011.

1. learningyoghurt

learningyoghurt New commenter

I seem to lose a great deal of hair at various times - right now, since I've had a baby it's practically falling out in clumps so whilst I don't know very much about the whys and hows I can sympathise :(
    My hairdresser ensures me that it's normal for the average person to lose about 100 hairs a day anyway - which seems like a lot to me but she assures me that I shouldn't panic. I also find that I shed a lot when the seasons change or I have a change in routine - spring and autumn always seem to be prime hairloss times.
    In addition to that it might be worth considering whether you've had a change in diet (that often seems to affect my hair) and also whether it's worth trying sea-kelp - this is supposed to be really good for hair thickness and nails, works for some people although not all.

2. thanks for the tip. I ll try sea kelp.
    I havent had a chnge of diet, I generally eat well. It all started from Easter and I am losing more than the average anmy bin in bathroom is full of my hair, which scares me.
    it's probably your hormones if you have had a baby?
    I hope both our hair comes back to normal soon enough ...