1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Stream Microphone over LAN.

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by School Boy Error, May 7, 2012.

1. School Boy Error

School Boy Error Occasional commenter

I want to stream a microphone over LAN. I've tried with Icecast and Winamp and Media Services and Media Encoder and VLC but I can't achieve what I want (which I thought would be simple!). Our school broadband has a fairly poor upload speed so I want to keep it all internel if possible (it seems a bit inefficient to upload it to the internet and then download it again when it could be stream through a 100 mb internal network)

2. School Boy Error

School Boy Error Occasional commenter

I want to stream a microphone over LAN. I've tried with Icecast and Winamp and Media Services and Media Encoder and VLC but I can't achieve what I want (which I thought would be simple!). Our school broadband has a fairly poor upload speed so I want to keep it all internel if possible (it seems a bit inefficient to upload it to the internet and then download it again when it could be stream through a 100 mb internal network)

3. DEmsley

DEmsley New commenter

Shoutcast? I believe this can be used on an intranet.
    HTH