1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Strawberries with a twist

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Vladimir, Oct 14, 2015.

1. Vladimir

Vladimir Senior commenter

This evening, I was lured into the Co-operative through their £3 off a shop of £20. Upon spying the those little, red spinning-tops of fruity deliciousness, I dragged my poorly-designed granny-trolley over to the shelves on which punnets of my quarry were languishing. Gingerly, I picked up punnet after punnet, examining the contents from all angles to ensure I would only be taking home the best catch of the day. I selected my berries, put them in my granny-trolley with a heap of stuff I didn't really want to make up the £20, such as flapjacks. I paid, returned home, tuned into 'The Apprentice' and sat on the sofa with my berries and a bottle of wine within easy reach to my left. The strawberries were bitter, and one of them, at the centre of the punnet was almost furry with rot. I hereby conclude that fresh strawberries are no longer worth purchasing until next year, and that the Co-operative should not be asking £2 for these little sacks of gustatory disappointment. The flapjacks aren't bad, though.

WaylonWu likes this.
  2. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Forget about strawberries at this time of year, they're all going to be sour and flavourless . . . Cox's Pippins apples are a much better bet

3. WaylonWu

WaylonWu Established commenter

How very disappointing when that happens.