1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Strathclyde PGDE Primary - Book List ?

Discussion in 'Scotland - prospective teachers' started by cb2010, Jun 7, 2010.

1. Hi,
    Can anyone advise of the required reading list for the PGDE primary course at Jordanhill?
    I haven't received anything from the University yet regarding a book list, however im quite keen to start buying books now.
    If anyone has some info on this, or any recommendations of their own, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    Claire

2. Hi,
    Can anyone advise of the required reading list for the PGDE primary course at Jordanhill?
    I haven't received anything from the University yet regarding a book list, however im quite keen to start buying books now.
    If anyone has some info on this, or any recommendations of their own, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    Claire

3. Hi Clare
    I too have been wondering about this and so I gave them a call today, they advised that the reading lists and other course information will be sent out imminently.
    It's been a good few years since I was at Uni that I'm keen to get my head in some books to get the grey matter functioning again lol!
    See you on the course!
    Victoria.

4. Hi there,
    Im just finished the PGDE Primary course at Jordanhill and have all the current books from their booklist. I was planning to sell them at a reduced rate. They are all in excellent condition (no highlighted or pencil mark within) if you are interested please email me at karen.mitchell3@virgin.net
    Good luck with the course, it's intense but you will enjoy it I'm sure.

5. Hi,
    I haven't received a single thing from the university at all! I got a letter from GTTR to confirm that i had firmly accepted my conditional offer, but that's all.
    I've called the uni on a number of occasions just to double check and find out if i should have received anything in the post, but they said no.
    I think maybe because i have a conditional offer, and i am waiting on Maths results? I know some people have their final confirmation letter, but maybe they will wait until i send them my exam results.
    Not sure...starting to panic a little... feel like ive been forgotton about..lol [​IMG]

.............maybe i'll call again.

6. Hi!

I am about to start the PGDE (Secondary) at Strathclyde and have only received the final acceptance letter (I got an unconditional offer).
    I seriosuly wouldn't worry about not receiving information from the university; as you said they probably have to wait on your results to come through before they can give you the acceptance letter. I would say call them again to put your mind at rest. It feels like such a ridiculously long process - I applied back in September, lol!:)

Hope this helps:)

7. hi. my name is tom. which books are you selling and which ones would you reccommed?
    thanks tom

8. Hi there,
    I have completed the PGDE Primary course at Jordanhill and have all the current books from their booklist. I was planning to sell them at a reduced rate. They are all in excellent condition. If you are interested please email me at lynseystevenson@aol.com
    The course is fantastic and teaching is the best job ever!
    Good luck,
    Lynsey