1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Strathclyde PGDE Primary Applications

Discussion in 'Scotland - prospective teachers' started by hprimrose, Nov 4, 2009.

1. I am feeling so nervous about my interview. I am so chuffed I've got the chance to interview but am very aware that there is a lot of us out there desperate for this opportunity.
    Oh dear, I need to learn some calming methods in advance!

2. Hi there, yes thanks Amanda those were the questions that I was referring to! [​IMG]
    Has anyone heard back from UWS Ayr yet?

3. No I've applied to UWS too ...still no word! I heard letters are going out Monday ?

4. Yes I saw that, and only 33 places - not many at all. I can't think of anything else at the moment!

5. I know how you feel I'm the same I can't stop thinking about it either.....thank goodness for this forum!! At least I know there are plenty of others in the same boat!

6. Eek, I'm so scared. Can't believe it's tomorrow!

7. Hey everyone

I had my interview today and have really mixed feelings about how it went!! Felt really positive during it then after I left realised i'd only been in for about 12 mins! That's never good! Also was asked at the end of the interview if there was anything I wanted to say that I hadn't covered which makes me think they were trying to let me redeem myself!

Can anyone shed any light about how theirs went? I was asked nothing about CfE or Aifl!!

Beckilou

8. SNAP!!
    I was asked if there was anything else i wanted to add..and I went totally blank! Never mind! I thought would have been asked about CFE, probably should've said about that!
    The waiting game now then!
    Good luck :)

9. Hie there
    I trust all went well at your interview. What did they ask you at the interview?[​IMG] Thank you

10. Oh no! If they didn't ask you about CfE or AiFL then what did they ask? That scares me as I've been concentrating on CfE and AiFL!!

11. I was thinking on the same lines too.[​IMG]

12. Hey
    i was asked about why I want to teach, what qualities a teacher has, issues in teaching, and other general questions about myself. The best advice I can give you and if I could go back and do it again would be to just relax, let your personality shine through and DONT rhyme off stuff you have learned from websites. It is over with in an absolute flash so just try to control your nerves and have a sense of humour with them. I promise it isn't bad at all you have nothing to worry about.
    Beckilou

13. I can't believe that we have to wait until Easter for a reply! That's ages away!

14. I know part of me thinks do we really need to wait that long or were they just saying that so that we don't start phoning up asking if we're in! Surely they would know if they were going to offer us a place?! How does everyone feel their interview went? I have no clue I really can't call it, they were so enthusiastic but I think they do that to everyone!

15. I made the mistake of rambling and in a 15 minute interview that's not good. Interviewer was frustrated with me as he had a schedule to keep. I came away extremely frustrated as 15 mins was not enough to sell yourself in such an important situation. Then again, I knew it was 15 mins so should've prepared my answers more effectively.
    We were told if you were a very strong candidate you'd be told before march. I wish she hadn't said that as it means getting worked up every day until Easter.

16. Hi
    I too feel that they might have mentioned Easter just to steer us away from phoning for news!
    I felt my interview went well, but I also feel sure that the interviewers would be nice to everyone, so with that in mind...I have no idea!

17. Hi
    I have my interview in March and am really worried about it. Would love if someone could ease my mind and give me a brief outline of the day. What were most wearing? Also what were the most popular questions?
    Thanks so much

18. Hi everyone, just to let you know i had my interview on the 11th of February and I agree, 15 minutes is not enough to sell yourself!! I walked out thinking oh no i forgot to talk about this...and this... but I guess it's just all about your personality! The hardest thing I think was actually getting an interview in the first place! Also, I'm a bit worried because i was told there are 400 people being interviewed and only 140 places!! They've cut it right down this year! We'll just have to play the waiting game now! Best of luck to everyone!
    Holly
    ps - the questions i got asked were;
    What are the current issues in teaching at the moment?
    What problems are schools facing at the moment?
    What qualities/skills do you have that would make you a good teacher?
    How would you organise the classroom?
    What did you think of the course itself?

19. hiya,
    I had my interview on 11th aswell. I think it went ok, although everything i had rehersed went out the window lol I didnt get asked anything about CfE or AiFL but i tried to drop them into a few of my answers.
    My questions were:
    Why do you want to teach?
    What qualities does a good teacher need?
    An inspirational teacher.
    A challenge you have faced in the classroom.
    Hope this is helpful.
    April is a long time to wait. I feel sick at the thought of it ha ha. The interview is nowhere near as bad as you think. Everyone is really nice.

20. I had my interview last week too, cant believe we have to wait until the end of March to find out!! :( I feel the same as everyone else, it went well but I'm sure they were lovely to everyone! My questions were just a mix of everyone elses, I thought we might all get the same questions on the same day but obviously not! Good luck to everyone still to be interviewed!! :)