1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

strathclyde pgde interview feedback and och!!!

Discussion in 'Scotland - prospective teachers' started by fairscotsmaiden, Mar 4, 2011.

1. Hello...
    Does anyone else feel like they talked a lot of nonsense at the interview?
    How does everyone feel about sharing the feeback they received at the end?
    I'll start... my interviewer said to me, "Well thank you for smiling at us all the way through, that was very nice." Felt ok about it at the time but now I am thinking... oh... let me down gently!!!
    I am not enjoying the waiting and cannot wait for this to be over one way or another :) Keeping fingers crossed though. Interviews are difficult :(
    By now it will be over for all of us, so good luck to those still waiting x

2. Hello...
    Does anyone else feel like they talked a lot of nonsense at the interview?
    How does everyone feel about sharing the feeback they received at the end?
    I'll start... my interviewer said to me, "Well thank you for smiling at us all the way through, that was very nice." Felt ok about it at the time but now I am thinking... oh... let me down gently!!!
    I am not enjoying the waiting and cannot wait for this to be over one way or another :) Keeping fingers crossed though. Interviews are difficult :(
    By now it will be over for all of us, so good luck to those still waiting x

3. Smiling is good - Linda Brownlow said in her introduction that you should always smile - even when you don't know what you are doing. So I would say that is a good thing! I felt like I did not really get across how passionate I am about this or an awful lot about what I know - I got the question I hate most again (was interviewed last year also) - who from your childhood was an inspirational teacher? I think that is such a nonsense question as if like me you have no 'inspirational' teacher you can only talk about a teacher you admired. I guess you could talk about someone from outwith your school life but again, not something I have a definitive answer to. I was really nervous but not as much as last year. If it is a no for me (which I feel in my bones is likely) then at least I can say I have tried my very best these past 2 years. At the end when asked if I had anything else to add I gave a little plead for my case - I have resorted to begging! I only hope we hear sooner rather than later - I waited 2 months last year for a final answer which was excruciating! x

4. Sorry - in answer to your question I got no feedback whatsoever, no chat in between (got lots of chat last year!) and no facial expression that gave anything away. Very hard to read!

5. Hey primrose thanks for your reply :)
    I feel the same way as you do and so wished I could take the interviewers to the pub and have a glass of red and a good old natter hee hee...
    My friends would tell you that they have never met a more passionate person but then yesterday I felt as though I came accross as nonchalant!!
    It is sooooo difficult to come out of that and then have so long to wait and find out how you have done. The need to come to terms with what has been decided is doing my poor head in. Tired today and needing to get some perspective on the situation :)
    Hope you hear something soon and are not having a day of it with the 'what ifs' and the 'oh whys' lol
    x

6. Fairscotmaiden,
    I was quite happy about the smiling comment as well until I read your post!!
    And so the worrying continues!

7. Roll call :)! Are we all here? Here's to another day of waiting!

8. I came in from work last night at midnight and read on the Glasgow thread that a few of them found their GTTR updated in the wee small hours of the night! So naturally this has made me 10009230 times worse at checking emails! I checked right up until I went to bed and then 5am, 7am and 9am. Becoming slightly obsessed!
    *fingers crossed* we find out today!

9. Haha wow okay, make sure you get some sleep! We don't want a delirious Amanda :D. Do you think it'd do any harm to email and enquire when we might hear so that we can relax a little? More as a point of, we forgot to ask at the end of the interview?

10. Ah I was up with my silly puppy anyway so wasnt waking up just to check GTTR but was checking whilst up. LOL.
    I dont suppose calling could hurt...

11. And I thought I was obsessed.......!!!! I doubt we will hear before Friday (though would be a relief if we did) - even the process of them getting the results to GTTR and updating our track takes a couple of days at least so assuming they made their decision yesterday it is unlikely we will hear before Thursday at the earliest. Can anyone recall from the chat from Linda Brownlow what the xmas holiday dates were and also what the exact finish date of the course is? x

12. Just phoned the uni - the lady I spoke to and Linda Brownlow are working on the list at the moment and we can phone for an answer tomorrow!!! Now my stomach is churning at a hundred miles an hour. Feel physically sick!!!

13. Eeeeekkkk. I'm so nervous now!! I wonder if you were the first caller post interviews ;). I sent a wee email but they are probably rushed off their feet.

14. Did they ask for your name or anything when you called?

15. No. I don't want them thinking I am pushy anyway so no bad thing. Like everyone else, just desperate to hear one way or another - I'm actually really surprised it will be as early as tomorrow. Good luck!

16. No way! Another thread about the interviews. We can ring tomorrow for the result? I got smiles too.

17. Oh, I'm thinking of going back to my old black and white Nokia - the iPhone's ability to check my email from anywhere is making me go insane.

18. oh no tomorrow!!!! Feel ill now !!! What number did you phone???

19. OMG... aaaggghhhhhh... this is scaaaarrryyyyyy [​IMG]
    That's it I am having a glass of wine... medicinal!!!
    Primrose... who did you speak to? What was the number? Do I really want to hear 'the word' over the phone?? Was bad enough when I read it on track and I knew that was a mistake... eeeekkkk!!!!
    Aww good luck you guys [​IMG] ... and if we don't do it this year we will pester hehe
    Sending good vibes for you all x

20. Ah I just phoned up the office and they were giving out results this afternoon! I didn't get in though, so so gutted especially as I thought the interview actually went quite well. Guess I must have maybe said something wrong. But I shall be trying again next year as I'm desperate to get into the course! Good luck everyone else, hope you all get in!!