1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Strathclyde PGDE: Anyone heard anything?!

Discussion in 'Scotland - prospective teachers' started by PaulMc871, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Hi there,
    Just wondering if anyone has heard anything? I sent my application 13th October but no word, i'm starting to wish i'd put Glasgow as my first choice as they actually seem to be processing theirs quicker!
    :)

2. Hi there,
    Just wondering if anyone has heard anything? I sent my application 13th October but no word, i'm starting to wish i'd put Glasgow as my first choice as they actually seem to be processing theirs quicker!

3. nothing yet here! I applied for PGDE in computing secondary. I had a brief email other day about wanting to see my modules so i scanned and sent them now nothing again lol

4. "The other day"! And you expect a reply already?!
    Calm down, both of you. The 2009-2010 cohort has only just gone out on their first placement, and are being visited every day by the tutors who will examine your applications and transcripts, and they are battling through snow to get to schools all over Scotland.
    Your course starts next August - sorry, at a time like this, you're not the number one priority. Interviewing will start in January for most subjects, and then you'll get all our attention! [​IMG]

5. Oh I wasn't stating i was expecting urgency or priority just desperate to know as I really want to get into Strathclyde as it sounds a great university to train! It's just just excitement and anticipation I guess haha

My boyfriends having to battle through the snow each day to get to his placement school in rutherglen (well before it closes anyways lol )sounds like Glasgow's having their fair of the snow to!

6. Hey,

So I sent my application in October (end of) and was starting to worry I hadn't heard anything but then today I got a nice wee Christmas present and I have an interview. Glasgow do seem to be processing their applications quicker but I think that is cause there is less of a demand than there is on Strathclyde as Strathclyde has HUGH number of applications.

7. I got a letter on Christmas Eve to say I was invited for interview on 4th February! I'm so excited and nervous at the same time! :D

8. amysdad

amysdad Occasional commenter

Had my interview for Strathclyde Secondary PGDE (Modern Studies) on 6th December (the day of the really bad snow in the west - four out of nine candidates got there!) Heard on 23rd via Track that I'd been offered a place, so accepted pretty quickly.
    Strathclyde's now closed until the 5th January, so I doubt you'll hear anything before then if you haven't heard already.

9. I've got an interview on the 3rd as well so maybe see you there!

10. Havent heard anything here yet for computing secondary. no news is still good news right? lol

11. Unis aren't even back yet, so no surprise at no news. Over the next week fingers crossed!

12. glastogirlie, I have an interview on 4th of Feb as well and I think i'm feeling the same as you! What time is yours at? Im at 9am.
    I keep getting excited then get really nervous when i think of the 15 minute interview! I'm just trying to prepare for common questions and make sure I really know my stuff so that, even if I get nervous, hopefully i'll be able to give a good answer!
    Anyone else had any news yet?
    x

13. Hey All,

I just wondered when you all applied? I submitted my application to Strathclyde & Edinburgh on 29th November but I havent heard anything back. I applied last year and got down to the final group of "maybes" but just missed the cut. I found out not long after Christmas of last year that I had an interview in Feb but I've not heard anything this year. I'm starting to get very worried. Anybody else in the same boat?

14. Hi there,
    I also applied to Edinburgh (secondary History), a little bit later than you did. I had an email asking for copies of my transcript and degree certificate but nothing since. I've spoken to Moray House and they've said they won't even be setting interview dates for secondary courses until they receive their funding information from the TDA but then again I've read a thread on here that Modern Foreign Language courses have been told their interview dates by Edinburgh so it's very confusing! I also read an article saying the government announcement on funding is expected this week...but they've been saying that every week since early December so who knows? I think we'll hear from Edinbugh by the end of January, based on nothing but blind optimism!

15. Dont worry your not the only one. I applied for PGDE Secondary Computer back in Oct and still heard nothing! I just got a feeling they are doing the ones with the most applications like primary and History first as it will take the longest.

16. I applied for primary teaching, which is why I am so worried. If I don't even make it to interview stage, I will literally be destroyed and completely lost. Fingers crossed!!

17. I imagine this is the case. I applied on the 30th of november.

18. I applied for primary at strathclyde on 25th November but still haven't found out if I have been successful for an interview. I wouldn't worry too much though, I spoke to the uni yesterday and they are still processing the applications :)

A xx

19. No, sound of summer, you won't "literally be destroyed": a guy from GTTR doesn't send you a letter bomb you know [​IMG] I don't mean to be disrespectful, so don't take this the wrong way - but teaching is a job, and a difficult one at that, and it's not a matter of life and death. If you invest soooooo much in it, it will bleed you. You have a life without teaching, whether you make it to the course or not - hang onto that, you'll need it whatever happens.

20. amysdad

amysdad Occasional commenter

That was about the same for me in December, so it must just be the way they do it.