1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

STRATEGIES FOR PLANNING

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by chimebells, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Please could someone help me and give me some ideas of what strategies I can use when planning my lessons, I am working in foundation 2.
    Thank you
    Heather

2. Please could someone help me and give me some ideas of what strategies I can use when planning my lessons, I am working in foundation 2.
    Thank you
    Heather

3. Do you mean how to plan? I start by identifying my objective, then how I'm going to test this (this informs my plenary), then I identify what they need to know already (informs my starter, by testing it) then I decide how best to get the skills/knowledge over to them, then I idenitfy/make resources for them to practice on. However, that's secondary maths so a bit different perhaps.
    Or do you mean medium-to-long-term planning? Or how to incorporate strategies (VAK etc) into your planning?
    You may find you get better response if you explain what you're currently doing, what troubles your having and specific areas you'd like help on.

4. Or is it issues to do with what activities to use?
    (click on my user name - this will help you with some planning ideas)