1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Strategic Information Pack: teaching Computer Science in schools

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by Hyrum_Graff, Mar 31, 2012.

1. I received the Strategic Information Pack: teaching Computer Science in schools in my pigeonhole the other day. Despite the fact that it was addressed to The Principal, the top of the envelope had been ripped open, the Computing at Schools logo had been seen, and it had been passed on to me unread by anyone in SLT.

Did anyone else have this happen to them? I'm tempted to hand it back to the Head and ask him to at least read the covering letter.

2. I received the Strategic Information Pack: teaching Computer Science in schools in my pigeonhole the other day. Despite the fact that it was addressed to The Principal, the top of the envelope had been ripped open, the Computing at Schools logo had been seen, and it had been passed on to me unread by anyone in SLT.

Did anyone else have this happen to them? I'm tempted to hand it back to the Head and ask him to at least read the covering letter.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

At least you had it passed on to you! It was apparently sent to every Head in the country. I think mine filed it under 'Bin' !!

4. Yup. Glad i'm not alone....

5. I told my HT and DHT that it was coming beforehand, but still had it thrust upon me. I appreciate that they don't have the time to micromanage each department (that's my job) and I've made it a deliberate act to force my opinion on them - but I agree that at least reading the covering letter would be handy. Still, every little nudge helps... (I hope!)

6. DEmsley

DEmsley New commenter

As per OP. Returned it personally, explained what it was and HT read it.

7. jenhet

jenhet New commenter

Would this be sent to Heads in Independent schools? Never quite sure whether these items are limited to state schools.

8. jenhet

jenhet New commenter

I've just answered my own question by doing what I should have done first and googling the item! Sorry! (It's maintained schools only)