1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Strangest thing you've ever bought for the classroom?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Sunscorch, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Either out of your own pocket, or on the class/subject budget?

Until today, not that I've been going at it terribly long, it would have been a pack of A3 playing cards. Fairly pedestrian.
    Just now, though, I bought myself a job lot of old mortice keys off eBay for use in a "creative resource" assignment for University. The idea is to build a physical link between them and the "Thinking Keys", and get the children in the class to do some self-directed work using them.
    [​IMG]

2. Either out of your own pocket, or on the class/subject budget?

Until today, not that I've been going at it terribly long, it would have been a pack of A3 playing cards. Fairly pedestrian.
    Just now, though, I bought myself a job lot of old mortice keys off eBay for use in a "creative resource" assignment for University. The idea is to build a physical link between them and the "Thinking Keys", and get the children in the class to do some self-directed work using them.
    [​IMG]

3. musicandmaths

musicandmaths New commenter

A galangal, for some observational drawing and inference work! Even the shop assistant didn't know what it was!