1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Strangest "thank you teacher" gifts!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by harchie, Jul 17, 2011.

1. So funny [​IMG]

2. rosievoice

rosievoice Star commenter

Nothing I have ever received beats the edible chocolate-covered scorpion (from a very trendy shop) which a lovely little chap gave me following our topic on minibeasts......

3. I have to say I have never received any extra strange gifts, I did once receive an indoor water feature bowl which I have to say I didn't keep for long but apart from that it has mainly been wine, chocolates and bathroom goodies.

4. A salt a pepper set!

5. marymoocow

marymoocow Star commenter

I got nits and my TA got worms. Lovely!

6. I'll have this if you've still got it

7. Yes we did this once but ours looked liked diarrhea in a box.[​IMG]

8. Well, I did once receive a shoebox full of 'treasure' i.e. bits of weather worn glass, a selection of stones, 2 Rocky choclate bars (which the child asked if he could have back), used make up and some limp flowers - I really didn't want to dig any deeper into the box for fear of what I might find.
    However, the strangest gift - a coconut hastily wrapped in kitchen roll! Love it :D

9. My all time worst but probably funniest gift was granny's vibrator! It was presented to me by a very proud 7 year old who (I think) didn't have a clue what it was meant for, he simply thought it was one of granny's toys (which it was, of course) and that she wouldn't mind if he gave it to me.
    To this day I am left wondering what granny said when she went to look for it and found it wasn't there!

10. The funniest gift I ever had was from a Year One child. It was a box of Quality Street - "great" you might say.......... but these had been opened, each sweet unwrapped, half of it eaten, then carefully wrapped up again. It was the only box of chocolates that even this chocoholic couldn't eat!

11. Of course you meant to say check!

12. I was off having had a hysterectomy. A pupil and parent turned up to visit with a butterfly garden, they thought it would relieve the boredom!

13. hehehhe!
    Mine was a four pack of cornish pasties [off because they hadn't been in the fridge) with a bottle of carex hand wash...all gift wrapped with a bow! Both my LSA and myself received this one!
    x[​IMG]

14. I bet stationery is even better - Sorry! (I am rubbish at spelling) but - e for envelope.

15. A few years ago I helped out with one group at school for their World Challenge expedition.
    My thank you was a British army bullet proof jacket.
    I still can't quite figure that one out!?!

16. mprimaryz

mprimaryz New commenter

6 free range eggs!

17. A pair of Arbroath smokies wrapped in newspaper. A bit random for a primary school in Warwickshire - but they were superb!

18. awww thats tooo cute!

19. A doll. This year I got a doll. Yes - you are four but I am not!!

dieselhoney likes this.
  20. Pink spotted wellies! So col. I'd love it too. No accounting for taste. :D