1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Strange teenage behaviour

Discussion in 'Personal' started by gargoyle770, Feb 4, 2012.

1. The latest craze at my sons' school is the Cinnamon Challenge. You challenge your friends to eat as big a spoonful of cinnamon as they can, then laugh at them while their mouths clam shut and they choke on the powder. Could be worse, I suppose.
    [​IMG]
    What goes on at your school?

2. It wasn't so long ago that I was in the company of partying adults who thought it was a laugh to stuff as many dry cream crackers into their mouths as they could.....and then try to chew and swallow them. Took for ever!

3. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

When I was a student a couple of lads saw 'Cool Hand Luke' on TV one night and decided to recreate the hard-boiled egg eating contest in the pub a couple of nights later. They didn't get very far with it.

4. That's pretty gross [​IMG]
    I wouldn't even eat one boiled egg served in a pub!

5. Perhaps I should introduce them to this? I forsee some very quiet evenings...
    [​IMG]

6. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Neither would they - they provided their own. They were daft but not stupid.

7. [​IMG]

8. Pickled onions eating contest when I was younger...

9. Ewwwww, I can't bear to think of the consequences of that pastychucker!

10. An ex of mine used to snort pixie sticks (coloured, fine sugar), salt and sherbet for entertainment value.
    Even stranger teenage behaviour: I stayed with him after finding this out!

11. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

"Strange teenage" - one of those words is superfluous, doesn't matter which one.

12. Torey

Torey Occasional commenter

I'd look it up as it contains coumarin which is bad for your liver and kidneys.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

We used to make roll ups with the contents of tea bags and smoke them. We got shocking headaches.We also crouched down, breathed in and out very deeply twenty times, then put a finger in our mouth, blew and puffed our cheeks out. It was good for fainting and causing a stir. We also put blotting paper into our shoes but I can't remember what happened as a result.

14. I remember shaving the joss off a joss stick and smoking it! NICE.

15. Just watched a video of my 16yr old daughter on her facebook page tackling two spoonfuls of cinnamon and then spitting it out in my kitchen sink. Apparently she had to do it because someone at school challneged her, and she agreed if she recieved 60 likes on the status. She claims that she didn't expect that many likes. Given that she has over 750 facebook "friends" it didn't come as quite a surprise to me.
    I swear this kid didn't use to be dumb. It's as if her brain is in sleep mode or something.

16. Trying to eat a sugared doughnut without licking your lips is an interesting challenge ...

17. Heehee! I used to snort sherbet at school! The amusing bit was when the white fizz poured out of your nose! And thanks to the poster who sent me a message telling me how to use the quote function and corrected 3 of my spellings. I definitely won't be spelling that one wrong again!

18. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

In my first year of teaching, onr French class were having Food Tech later in the day and were making Chilli con Carne. One boy decided to accept a dare, took out a container of chilli powder and poured easily half of it into his mouth. I was expecting mayhem but he calmly swallowed it and seemed completely OK!
    Another boy had a party trick of snorting a piece of dental floss up his nose and coughing it out of his mouth. He started off with one end in his hand and then retrieved the other end when it appeared in his mouth and began alternately pulling the ends to create a sort of sawing motion. He told me later that by entertaining the class that way, as a newbie in YR8, he managed to stop the bullying that had been meted out to him since he arrived.

19. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

At the same school there were two very dangerous crazes in 2001.
    Several boys were following girls who wore hairspray and they'd click cigarette lighters near their hair.
    There was a railway line near the school and boys were daring each other to stand beside the line when trains came past. they had to be able to stay standing as the train rushed by. the most dangerous escalation was to stand between two passing trains.