1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

strange question

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by mandi2302, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Hi,
    i recently did some TA supply work with austic children, with no verbal communication, and used a book with lots of pictures in, which they picked a picture from so i knew what they wants.

this book has a special name, begining with a "P" and for the like of me i cannot remember what it was called.

can anyone help, i want to talk about it in an interview and need to know the exact name.
    thanks

2. Hi,
    i recently did some TA supply work with austic children, with no verbal communication, and used a book with lots of pictures in, which they picked a picture from so i knew what they wants.

this book has a special name, begining with a "P" and for the like of me i cannot remember what it was called.

can anyone help, i want to talk about it in an interview and need to know the exact name.
    thanks

3. I think it's PECS (Picture Exchange Communication System). Hope this helps.

4. RJR_38

RJR_38 New commenter

Yep!

5. thanks!!

6. Glad to be of help. Good luck with the interview and let us know how you get on [​IMG]