1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

strange question- relocation

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by petrapan, May 18, 2011.

1. Sorry if this is the wrong forum, wasn't sure where it should go.
    Does anyone know if teachers are eligible for relocation packages if they move county and have additional expenses? I know most councils run these schemes for those working for the county but do teaching jobs come under the umbrella of council jobs or not? Who actually employs you, the LEA or the headteacher? I'm unsure how it all works.

Thanks!

2. Sorry if this is the wrong forum, wasn't sure where it should go.
    Does anyone know if teachers are eligible for relocation packages if they move county and have additional expenses? I know most councils run these schemes for those working for the county but do teaching jobs come under the umbrella of council jobs or not? Who actually employs you, the LEA or the headteacher? I'm unsure how it all works.

Thanks!

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

If you are eligible for anything, then it will be set out in the job details that you get.
    There is no general entitlement, it will vary from place to place.
    It's not very common, however, I'm afraid.
    Best wishes

TheoGriff. Member of the TES Careers Advice Service.

I
    do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the
    Job Application Workshops. We look at application letters, executive
    summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really
    appreciate.

The Job Seminars are all sold out, I'm afraid, but Julia is planning some more later on.

A new SLT seminar is available now on 22 May <u>www.tesweekendworkshop32.eventbrite.com</u>, and another is planned for 18 June.

E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for how to book a meeting with me personally.

Look forward to seeing you!

4. Helena Handbasket

Helena Handbasket New commenter

I moved from Merseyside to Yorkshire for my NQT year. I asked about relocation expenses as I needed rent and deposits etc and had been on supply but sadly there was nothing. :-(

5. Ah well, was worth a try I guess. I'm applying out of county to try and give myself a better chance of a permanent position but I have children and would need to move us all. I guess I'd have summer to save up if necessary. Thanks, both.