1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Strange household...

Discussion in 'Private tutors' started by anon261, Jan 14, 2011.

1. Hi all,
    I started a new tutoring job yest and when I was sat tutoring I noticed that there was rather a lot of books on witchcraft and wizardry on their bookshelves.
    Each to their own in terms of religion and beliefs, but this slightly unnerved me! To make matters worse, the cat was shaven and there was a period of very haunting music playing in the next room while I was tutoring! I'm probably reading too much into all of this, but I'm not sure I want to go back!
    Anyone else had strange experiences? What did you do? And what do you think I should do?! [​IMG]

2. Hi all,
    I started a new tutoring job yest and when I was sat tutoring I noticed that there was rather a lot of books on witchcraft and wizardry on their bookshelves.
    Each to their own in terms of religion and beliefs, but this slightly unnerved me! To make matters worse, the cat was shaven and there was a period of very haunting music playing in the next room while I was tutoring! I'm probably reading too much into all of this, but I'm not sure I want to go back!
    Anyone else had strange experiences? What did you do? And what do you think I should do?! [​IMG]

3. I wouldn't worry. I have witch ornaments all over the house, play 'haunting' music and have 2 cats (hairy ones!) I am a tarot reader and a solitary, white witch. I follow the pagan tradition whilst respecting others' religions. We are very peaceful, friendly folk. I'm also a tutor!

4. Hope to god they make progress.

5. Thanks for this! I really don't know very much on the matter and I suppose the satanic version springs to mind, although I know this is stereotyping a lot! I've since thought this through some more and figured that most normal people would only do this to increase their quality of life rather than to hurt others.
    And, yes, dc88, You hit the nail on the head there! lol I imagined a period of voodoo if he doesn't achieve!! Luckily the session went v well and I got a lovely e-mail saying how much he'd enjoyed it. They seem like nice people!

6. Parents who take the time to send you an email are worth all the voodoo in the world!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

I've had 1 very strange household. I've never known a family move house so much in a year. Convinced they were on a witness location program!!