1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Strange dream

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Serafina_Haight, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Serafina_Haight

Serafina_Haight New commenter

My dead brother materialised in front of my bed which frightened me and I woke up trying to scream. Why would I be frightened - that is the strangest thing.

2. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

Fear of the unknown IMO.

3. Eureka!

Eureka! Lead commenter

Fear of death, perhaps? I find myself fearing death a little less these days, though I think this is mainly due to the deteriorating state of human affairs.

I had a long dream last night that I was peripherally involved in the "Brink Mat" heist. It was being planned from a factory where I worked - quite brazenly. In the end the fuzz simply overheard it and beat everyone up. @nomad was the inspector! (though I think I know the link in my life there .. nothing to do with the poster!).

coffeekid likes this.
  4. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

This thread is timely. Last night/this morning, I had a hyper-realistic apocalypse dream. From my bedroom window, I could see the big cloud coming, and I knew that this was the end. The cloud seemed to pass without incident, but as soon as I thought we might be safe, the earthquakes started - I could see high-rise buildings falling into themselves, and huge clouds of dust rising as everything was destroyed. I tried to gather supplies ( tights, for some reason) and then I woke up. My arm had gone completely dead (this happens all the time and it's turned into a bit of a problem) and I was whimpering as I tried to get it to feel again. I had a friend who almost lost his arm because of this (he was drunk though and had been unconscious for ages on top of his arm. He has a scar down the length of his arm from the operation) Anyway. I digress. Maybe the dream was my mind's attempt to wake me up.

Eureka! likes this.
  5. Eureka!

Eureka! Lead commenter

One function of dreams is supposed to be preparation for future scenarios. Tights @coffeekid ? Stick with me in the Apocalyse - I have prepared myself by buying a book.

coffeekid likes this.
  6. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

[​IMG]?

Run @coffeekid !!!

Eureka! and coffeekid like this.
  7. cuteinpuce

cuteinpuce Star commenter

I had a very similar dream when we ran out of Earl Grey tea-bags and I was faced with having to use PG Tips.

coffeekid, lanokia and Noja like this.
  8. jacob

jacob Lead commenter

You should know not to eat cheese before bed.

9. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

In my dreams i always seems to be chasing something ,someone or an event.Alas I never catch it!
    Failing that I am Enjoying myself and then suddenly some one seems to spoil it lol

10. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

Yuk! Earl Grey is what I call 'poisoned tea'. Give me PG any day!

cissy3 likes this.
  11. Orkrider2

Orkrider2 Star commenter

Last night I dreamt that I desperately needed to sell some jewellery and it was vitally important that I spoke to Andrew Lloyd Webber about it, though I can't remember the details of why.

I have a recurring dream about being in the tube when someone is killed - usually by being hit by a train. It's something I've had since I was about 14 and first started travelling on the tube by myself. Now, whenever a tube station crops up in my dreams, they become lucid dreams and it becomes a race against time to wake myself up before the inevitable gory death. I rarely manage it.

The worst ones are the lucid dreams where I dream that I've woken up but I know that I'm actually asleep because I'm paralysed and there are terrifying things in my bedroom and I know I have to make myself move in order to wake up properly. Sometimes, I manage it and wake up and think it's over, but then something weird happens, like I'll get up and my bedroom floor will have disappeared and I'll fall into this chasm, and then I realise that I've only woken up in the dream and I'll become aware that I'm still asleep in my bed and I have to try and wake up all over again. Once, I got stuck in that loop over and over and over again until I couldn't tell the difference between dreaming and being awake anymore. I was a wreck in the morning.

Brains are weird.