1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Storytellers chair

Discussion in 'Primary' started by South Pacific, Apr 8, 2012.

1. Hi,
    I'd like to buy my primary school a storyteller's chair when I leave in the summer. I'd be very pleased to hear of any recommendations or suppliers you may know about.
    Many thanks.

2. Hi,
    I'd like to buy my primary school a storyteller's chair when I leave in the summer. I'd be very pleased to hear of any recommendations or suppliers you may know about.
    Many thanks.

3. Hi,
    We have just bought the TTS one; it was the best value for money. There are loads out there to choose from, it depends on what you want to spend. I'm sorry I can't remember how much our one was, but it is on the TTS website.
    What a lovely gift to leave! [​IMG]

4. Thanks for your help-I'll take a look. :)

5. Msz

Msz Established commenter

[​IMG]
    this is our story teller's chair carved by a local chainsaw artist

6. This looks amazing. I need to find a local chainsaw artist!

7. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

WOW!

Do children use these chairs to make up/ retell stories to audiences at break and lunch as well as in lessons?

8. Msz

Msz Established commenter

[​IMG]
    these are by the same artist who made our chair
    yes Minnie the children can use the chair and take on the role of storyteller during break time

9. There is a nice storytellers chair i have been looking at purchasing from Schoolscapes. Can't remember how much it costs, but they have installed a few pieces of equipment for us recently and i would recommend them to others [​IMG].

10. EcoLady

EcoLady New commenter

You could consider a living willow one. The workshops run by Debbie Hall are amazing - no idea whether you are anywhere near her but you could search for a willow artist nearer to you?
    http://www.salixarts.co.uk/events_54328.html

11. Thank you to everyone for posting ideas and photos. I have found a local chainsaw artist and hoping he will be able to produce something for our school.