1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Story Writing

Discussion in 'Scotland - Primary' started by TEACHER16, May 1, 2011.

1. TEACHER16

TEACHER16 New commenter

I am new to teaching and I was wondering if I could please get an insight into how you teach writing and what resources you give children to help them. I am going to be teaching story writing for the first time properly next week. For the children I have written about 6 sentences and I want them to follow the story on. Therefore they will have to complete the first paragraph, the middle and the ending.
    How would you normally introuduce this to children and how would you go through the different stages of the writing process. Would you make them a planning sheet or would you let them use a page in their jotters?
    This is for a p4 class and I have not done writing with them before, I have just started teaching this class and therefore am not sure of the support they need.
    Any help would be very much appreciated :)

2. TEACHER16

TEACHER16 New commenter

I am new to teaching and I was wondering if I could please get an insight into how you teach writing and what resources you give children to help them. I am going to be teaching story writing for the first time properly next week. For the children I have written about 6 sentences and I want them to follow the story on. Therefore they will have to complete the first paragraph, the middle and the ending.
    How would you normally introuduce this to children and how would you go through the different stages of the writing process. Would you make them a planning sheet or would you let them use a page in their jotters?
    This is for a p4 class and I have not done writing with them before, I have just started teaching this class and therefore am not sure of the support they need.
    Any help would be very much appreciated :)