1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Story Writing using Fairgrounds!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by tiggerwhitty, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Help! We haven't done anywhere near enough story writing this term, although we have used stories to write upteen recounts so I thought we would do some good old fashioned story writing ... BUT ...

As we are 'thematic teaching' our Literacy has to link to our topic, which is Fairgrounds. Any suggestions as to what text I could use? Can't think of \any at all! [​IMG]

2. Help! We haven't done anywhere near enough story writing this term, although we have used stories to write upteen recounts so I thought we would do some good old fashioned story writing ... BUT ...

As we are 'thematic teaching' our Literacy has to link to our topic, which is Fairgrounds. Any suggestions as to what text I could use? Can't think of \any at all! [​IMG]

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Which year group are you? If Y6 there was a SAT a couple of years back entitled Fairgrounds, which might help.

4. I've used sound effects of a fairground, a feely box with a coconut in and a picture of Goose fair by Arthur Spooner before - http://www.bbc.co.uk/nottingham/content/articles/2009/04/21/arthur_spooner_painting_nottingham_castle_feature.shtml
    It's really good for getting the children to think about the setting and developing some good language to describe it. This might be a nice starting point as I can't help on the text front. I do find my class write with so much imagination when they've done a bit of drama and imagined that they are there.