1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Story planning help

Discussion in 'English' started by callum97, Oct 24, 2011.

1. I am looking at story writing with my year 6 class after half term and wondering if anyone could give me some advice. They are a pretty low ability class so need to start from basics. Does anyone know a good website or have any old plans so I could look at the structure of how to write them? Looking at characters, settings etc. Any help would be great. I am thinking of looking at a traditional story, but could also do fantasy or adventure.

:)

:)

2. thequillguy

thequillguy New commenter

I would consider starting with things that would inspire them, get them simply writing, and then teach the tools as you need with plenty of AfL. It would require more planning, but I imagine it'll be more useful. I've half a blog on leading creative at the moment, PM me and I can give you some more food for thought... http://pressapprentice.blogspot.com/