1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Story club for reception and year 1

Discussion in 'Primary' started by jolo5678, Nov 29, 2011.

1. Am planning to start a story club at lunchtime for a dozen children. After reading a story I hope the children will then use puppets and soft toys to act out the story in pairs or small groups. Has anyone run a story club in their school for this age group and how successful was it?

2. Am planning to start a story club at lunchtime for a dozen children. After reading a story I hope the children will then use puppets and soft toys to act out the story in pairs or small groups. Has anyone run a story club in their school for this age group and how successful was it?

3. littlelebowski

littlelebowski New commenter

I ran one after school for Year 2. I read them a different book each time and then we did an activity related to the book. For example, for The Last Polar Bears, we made ice cream sundaes! [​IMG] It was loads of fun. I was just a parent helper at the time, so wasn't trying to link it to the curriculum in any way. However, the teacher said that some of the reluctant readers became less reluctant! Good luck!