1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Story Book Suggestions - Recycling

Discussion in 'Primary' started by WelshKatie, Aug 7, 2011.

1. Our topic for the Autumn term is recycling and I am struggling to think of fiction books to use in our literacy lessons.

I have found some linked to the topic (Charlie and Lola - Save our planet) but they are not really stories which can be adapted by the children. It is a year 2 class.

Any ideas?

2. Our topic for the Autumn term is recycling and I am struggling to think of fiction books to use in our literacy lessons.

I have found some linked to the topic (Charlie and Lola - Save our planet) but they are not really stories which can be adapted by the children. It is a year 2 class.

Any ideas?

3. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

4. bigbev

bigbev New commenter

5. Thank you! I will definitely have a look at both of those.

I did also think about using Whatever Next and Not A Box. Thought the children could then come up with their own ideas for an adventure they could go on using a cardboard box (or something else that could be considered rubbish).

6. [​IMG]

Great series for children of that age!

7. Hi,I would also recommend Michael Recycle! The Paperbag Prince is another good one-lots of issues,amazing pictures,strong messages,simple story-could suit most primary ages and will inspire lots of writing and artwork-and a recycled material dt project,perhaps.

8. Michael Recycle and Litterbug Doug are great, pictures are interesting too. My Y4/5 love them.