1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Storing photographic evidence online?

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by Alip, Jun 8, 2011.

1. Does anyone do this? We are looking into this as it seems a shame to have so many lovely photos that parents do not get chance to see (we do not print out every photo and stick it into a learning journey)
    We have been advised to maybe use 'Picasa' does anyone use this and how well does it work?
    Thank you

2. I used to put photos on our VLP for the parents to look at at home, got some great feedback too ! We are between VLPs at the mo so have lots stored on my laptop ready to put up soon !
    When I first did it I made powerpoints with added text, but found using photostory just as quick and easy.

3. Do you add them onto the learning platform weekly? We had them in a PowerPoint but the file was too large to upload onto the learning platform.

4. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

Our school server has a 'T-drive' accessible by teachers only with their password. On that there is a folder for Foundation Stage within that are the folders I have set up myself including a 'Scrapbook' for each school year and individual files for children. I just upload photos directly to those folders it isn't necessary to use Powerpoint or anything else. They are stored in the folder but if I want to give a slide show I just click 'Slideshow' and it does it - it's just standard Windows stuff.
    I just add them as and when I have accumulated a few on my camera.

5. May2

May2 Established commenter

InkyP I think the OP wants the photos accessible for parents to view. It doesn't sound like yours are, are they?

6. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

Aah! I couldn't see what the problem was. They can see them when I show them but they don't have access. I think that is problematic when there are other people's children on there too. that is why we don't sell CDs or DVDs of the nativity play.

7. Our parents sign a permission form which says they give permission for their child's image to appear on another child's CD. Never had a problem.

8. I upload photos weekly onto our class vle page. It needs the parents to sign in to view them and I do group photos, never individual ones or really close-up ones. Our parents also sign a form at the beginning of the year to confirm they are happy with this.
    It works quite well, most of our parents are very computer literate and appreciate this idea - I put up what we are doing that week as well and any impending events or visits.